Old 04-25-10, 11:30 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 854 Times in 387 Posts
Originally Posted by ColoRyan

One brake lever is held on with electrical tape

Funky seat post that I think is backwards?

It has the prerequisite lock with no key too

Definitely not the original derailleur, and for some reason the rear skewer lever is Suntour but somebody at least saved the Campy nut

The Avocet cranks are beautiful

And the best part of all, it's my size! There's no way I could purchase a frame like this for full price anytime in the near future, so this is a wonderful find for me.

I'm sure a lot of purists cringe to see a handmade bike like this in this kind of shape, but I love it. Instead of being left in a garage or on a wall the previous owner adapted the bike to their needs and actually used it for what it was meant to be used for, getting from point A to point B. I plan to do the same thing. I'm thinking of a Brooks saddle and some Wald 867 cruiser bars, single speed to the farmer's market. The seller did their research and knew what these retailed for, yet only asked $20. Thanks Tim, I will cherish it, maybe even for the rest of my life.

Anybody have any tips for how to clean the frame without hurting the paint or decals?
Wow, one of the best finds in this thread---$20 is an incredible price. I don't think those are track bars but they look pretty nice---are those brake levers embossed with 'Mercian'?