Old 04-26-10, 09:31 AM
NinjaMilitia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everybody--new comer to this thread.
I have a sprint in July, in Loveland, CO. (my first tri) I have been training since the beginning of the year, but have been exercising for a couple of years before that, but still with not much to show in terms of weight loss (6'1" @235). I don't really feel like my overall aerobic capacity or endurance are improving. I can do intervals on the treadmill for 3 miles in 30 minutes (with warm up/cool down, all out for two minutes followed by slower pace and walking) but when i try to jog 3 miles at a steady pace, i still end up walking for a couple of minutes out of every ten. Any suggestions about how to increase distance without these stops? I am becoming really frustrated by needing so many breaks.

Swimming is the same--after about 250m, i need to catch my breath, then i can keep going

Cycling is fine, but probably only because the terrain varies enough to allow me to ease up every once and awhile.

Any suggestions? Also, i'm not registered as a Clyde, i don't know if that will effect my moral when my heat passes me early...