View Single Post
Old 04-26-10, 01:15 PM
ausGeoff
E—Bike Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope all those people that continue to rubbish el-cheapo Chinese-made electric bikes (such as the one I ride) are taking note of this thread:

Originally Posted by MK313
I rode the FX + into work this morning & noticed at the end of the ride that it seemed to be a lot harder to peddle than it was before. When I went out to lunch, the electric system won't engage. I can ride the bike & I can even cycle through the assist levels, but no matter what level I'm on, the assist does not kick in.....
Here we have a relatively expensive American-sourced bike, with an allegedly quality Canadian-made motor, but a major problem that has apparently presented a few repair issues. According to another member, this has been known to have occured in the past with the Bionx drive. It doesn't really make for a good advertisement for Bionx then does it?

On the other hand, I've been riding my clunky, heavy, roughly-welded steel-framed Chinese bike with unbranded battery, controller and motor for over 12 months, and it's never missed a beat. Nothing's loose or fallen off, or broken under load.

I've noticed all too often on this forum that many folks disrespect Chinese-made bikes out of hand to a point that verges on brand snobbery. Let this prove to them that in many cases, it's NOT the cheap Chinese electric bike that'll leave you stranded but an American one.

I await the inevitable howls of reproach!