View Single Post
Old 04-18-05, 03:00 AM
mathmo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycle Courier

Not so sure where I should put questions about cycle couriers, so I'm starting this thread (however if somebody could point out a better place that would be great).

I'm hopefully about to soon start work as a cycle courier (in Auckland NZ in the CBD and city fringe if you are curious), and so I'm still uncertain about a number of things. For instance I know that road pedals that I currently have will be useless for this, so I'll be needing more MTB style shoes and pedals. But I've really got no idea as to which of the many types I should pick and don't know too much about them (I come from a road racing/triathlon background, did Ironman NZ last month).

So what shoes/pedals are recommended for a courier??

Oh, seeing this is my first post here (altough I've been on the sidelines for a while reading a lot of the sometimes very interesting posts) I'll say a little something about myself. As I said above cycling wise I come from a road racing/triathlon background, however with regards to edurance sports I've got waaaaaay more experience as a runner. Also as my username might suggest I've done a *lot* of maths at Uni!!