View Single Post
Old 05-01-10, 03:04 PM
xnevergiveinx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JCFlack
I don't think the HG-30 would work - I think it is a cassette, not a freewheel.

I bought one of those 11-28T freewheels for my Citizen Tokyo. On the good side, it arrived quickly in good shape, and works great. The 11t high gear was just what I needed and on the 16" Tokyo, the 28t low gear is quite low enough. On the bad side, yes, the shipping price was a little ridiculous. If this were a US company, I wouldn't pay more than the price of a "if it fits, it ships" US Postal Service Priority Mail box. But I don't know what it really costs to ship from Canada.

thanks for the insight, pretty sure you are correct about the hg-30. i think if i had a wheel hub, it would work, but not on a freewheel

i ended up getting the 11-28T freewheel because i've read that several people have had good success with that particular freewheel. its worth it to spend a little more for something that will work 100%, than spend a little less for something that may not be fully compatible.

i'm also looking for a shimano 600 crankset, i've seen a few on ebay. they are a little beat up and silver...i'd would be nice to keep the cranks black...but no big deal. someone else also posted a link to a braze on front deraliuer from niagara cycle. i'd also need a long chain, i know the nova has a 112link 3/32 chain. not sure how much longer it would need to be with a larger crankset.
i'd also have to pick up a front shifter