Old 05-02-10, 02:42 PM
elemental

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How would you handle this unfortunate situation? (LBS related)

Executive summary (when I wrote this whole story out, it was much longer than it needed to be):

The other day, I got a freshly coated fork back from my powdercoater, and dropped by a local shop to have them re-install the crown race. I do almost all of my work myself, but for things like this that I don't have the tools for, I have no problem letting someone else take care of it. When I got the fork back, it had scratches at the tops of both fork legs (it's a unicrown rigid 29er fork, BMX style), which I didn't initially notice since I was in a hurry. The shop didn't charge me (probably because they were embarrassed - they didn't mention it either and I didn't look until later that afternoon), but I'm pretty frustrated that my freshly powdercoated fork is scratched up - I'm probably going to have it powdercoated again, which is really inconvenient (and also means paying for it all over again, although my powder guy charges next to nothing and does excellent work). I'm not sure how a fork could get damaged like that, since installing a crown race with the proper tools is totally simple and straightforward.

How would you deal with this? I will probably end up not saying anything about it and just paying for the second powdercoat, but am I right to be frustrated?

Last edited by elemental; 05-02-10 at 02:51 PM.