View Single Post
Old 05-02-10, 04:09 PM
NickDavid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GirlAnachronism
I had a great race today. Colt's Neck Circuit Race. Started out in kind of a crappy position, but my goal for today was to work on getting into/defending a good position throughout the race, and I totally achieved that. I found gaps in the middle, stayed on the wheel I had even when someone was bumping my knuckles, and took a good line through the turns.

I put in one pretty good attack (my teammate said it put the hurt on the field and judging by how slow they went once they caught me she was right--should've gone again!), it didn't stick, but it felt really good and I recovered well in the pack and probably should have tried another one, cause I had matches to burn.

I was near the front going into the final turn, started the uphill sprint, girl in the front went down and I slammed on the brakes, came to just about a standstill and somehow swerved around her without going down. Was way overgeared for the sprint by that point, but still passed someone for 7th. Very happy to be in the top 10 (and my teammate got 3rd!) and most of all happy that I raced smart and felt in control the whole time. Next time: more attacks!
Badass!

I took 3rd in the 4.