Old 05-02-10, 07:53 PM
socalslowguy

Bikes: 2006 Trek Madone 5.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jemsurvey
2) Anyone experience interference or loss of signals, either HR or bike functions, on more than just a very occasional occurrence?
I noticed some loss of signal earlier in the year so I replaced the batteries in the display unit and the two sensors in February. I know from prior experience with a Vetta v100 that fresh batteries are important for wireless computers. Things were ok until a month ago I started to see loss of signal again. On one ride the speed didn't register for the first 30 minutes and on another it cut out for several miles in the middle of a ride and then suddenly worked again. I also had a ride where the cadence stopped working halfway through. I would try to force a re-synch by removing the display unit from the cradle and reinstalling it but no luck.

I replaced all three batteries again and the system worked flawless on both my Saturday and Sunday rides. I would expect that the batteries would last longer than 2 months. Or is there something else I should be doing if I'm experiencing signal loss?