Old 05-03-10, 07:35 AM
kayakdiver
ah.... sure.

Bikes: Specialized.... schwinn..... enough to fill my needs..

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Derailed
I'll be starting a solo coast-to-coast trip following the Northern Tier at the end of June (W to E), and have been hoping to use the Reecharge for my iPod Touch (for audiobooks and occasional wifi access), cell phone and camera. I built up a new LHT for this trip and incorporated a generator hub, so I'm all set, if only this product would make it to market in time.

I think I recall previously seeing something about March availability on Dahon's website, but I currently can't find anything at all about when it will be available.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Anyone happen to have more current information?

Thanks!
When I rode the route I was able to find enough charging spots to charge my ipod and phone as needed. It was a bit of a pain from time to time. If you can't purchase this ahead of time I would suggest something like this. It will charge your ipod about 3 times between power sources and charge your phone as well. The solar panel might add a little juice over days. I use it most for the 3500mah battery.

Be aware that this will charge an ipod touch 3rd gen. Many of the charging units available will not.

kyakdiver