Old 05-03-10, 07:59 PM
retroman57 

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 34 Posts
Bianchigirll,
The bicycle arrived to me from Italy very carefully disassembled for shipping. I haven't reassembled to attempt to ride it.
All quite presentable, however. Someone like J.P. Weigle would be content to shine it up a bit and call it good.
Someone more obsessed might want an all-out concourse restoration.

The is the first rod changer- 2 rods on the right rear seat stay- Cambio Corsa. ca 1940
The second rod changer- Paris-Roubaix- probably rarer for short production period- had only 1 rod on the rear seat stay. ca 1950

One of the 2 rods on mine is a bit brighter than the other, so may have been re-chromed at some point.
Hubs will need a quick hand polish
Frame- chromed fork ends and rear stay ends. Minute pitting in chrome, but no visible rust.
The right seat stay that the mech is attached to has been painted black...not sure why.

I will try to post some pix tomorrow.

Thanks iab...that was helpful. A late boom era Huffy with squashed fork ends is worth close to $200.00 in my neighborhood (fixie punks don't know the difference), and I doubt that an NOS post-war Herse would pull down 10K in this market.

Thanks Ragooch- sounds like a good plan- the second one I mean. Starting the bidding at $10.00 might make it look like I was a crack-head that lifted it and no idea what it might be worth- probably not the way to attract serious interest.

Thanks,
Retroman57