View Single Post
Old 05-03-10, 08:12 PM
brianogilvie 
Commuter & cyclotourist

Bikes: Boulder All Road, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Bike Friday New World Tourist, Breezer Uptown 8, Bike Friday Express Tikit, Trek MultiTrack 730 (Problem? No, I don't have a problem)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Have you got a first century story to tell ...... or maybe you'd like to read over our first century stories to get an idea what you might be in for on yours.
Since the thread has been bumped...I did my first century on April 11. It was a solo ride in preparation for the brevet that I had to scratch myself from April 24 due to a knee injury. I wrote up a report on my blog (mostly for myself and a couple friends). Here's an excerpt:

"Having done a hilly 80-miler on April 4, I decided to aim for a relatively flat ride north along the Connecticut River for my first century. Since much of the ride was on familiar ground, I should have known better…it turned out to involve some 5300 feet of climbing...."

Anyone interested in reading the rest can do so here. (If you do, please excuse the simple design: I'm still learning Textpattern in the limited free time I have left after work and cycling.)