UberIM

Bikes: recumbent, mtn bike, road bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmt074
Yikes no...

I would gladly get rid of winter forever if I could. Winters are miserable in New England. I hate snow, short days and bitter cold temps. Personally I love seeing people out and having fun even if they are getting in my way . I'm not sure why anyone would enjoy biking in the darkness in bitter cold without another soul in sight. The year should start in May and end in October .
I LOVE winter. It is my favorite season. Telemark/backcountry skiing is my real passion. I love overcoming the obstacles to commuting in winter here in Maine. And winter here is way more forbidding than it was for me in MA:colder and more snow. I love to say that there is no bad weather just bad gear. This all said, I cannot say I prefer winter commuting. I tend, like an earlier poster, to try to appreciate all seasons. What I don't miss from winter are the narrower, snow filled roads which make me more nervous commuting. There is just less room for me and the cars and though I take a deep breath and do the commute I do prefer having a wide shoulder to be out of their way.........I do agree however that the key to cold weather climes is to embrace winter..........

to each his/her own...........YMMV