Peter_C
I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mthayer
I have been keeping up with your thread Peter and I commend everything your doing. People do not completely understand what your going through. I have not personally went through it myself but my dad went through a lot of the same things your going through. This thread gets to me at times because I lost my dad back in January. He was 52, overweight, 360 pounds, and he needed a TKR. His problems were not exactly with his knees, even though both needed TKRs, but was with the pain pills. He became very addicted to the pills because he kept pushing off the TKR. He eventually got one knee done, back in May last year, and he didnt take his PT seriously and ended up screwing up the TKR.
Throughout the journey of the time that he became addicted to the pain pills, till his death watching him keep popping the pills hurt our family. He went from the simple 5-500 codine, up to 180mg methadone pills. Methadone (OxyCotin). He would take up to 30 pills a day sometimes. He ruined his life because of the pills and not wanting to do what the Doctor told him he needed to do.

I know that you got Frank, and are doing your PT and are trying to get off the pills. I hope that what ever you do, you just get off the pills.
My dad died because of the pills. I have never posted in your thread but I read it and think how your and his life paralleled each others. I do not want to see anyone suffer like both you and my dad did. I completely commend everything that your doing and how you decided to change your life for the better. keep up the good work and tell cindy thanks for taking care of you. You are taking the right steps in the direction you need to go. Its baby steps and I know its tough, but keep on keeping on.
Just to clarify, in case anyone missed it. I am out of PT with my DR's blessing.
I am out of Pain MGNT and completely off the Moraphine for like 4-7 weeks now.
I take "tramadol" (generic for Ultram) as needed, and I get a max of 20 5/500 vicodine per month for bad pain (bone healing from the recission)
My last A1C (90 day blood surgar) was 5.7

My max single ride mileage to date is only 17 miles.