View Single Post
Old 05-06-10, 10:44 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
1987 Prologue is Done?

Well, I think I have it finished, after a couple of iterations. The last piece was swapping wheelsets with RobbieTunes.

As received (bought it off ebay). Notice the complete lack of packing material, chain rings speared the box, as did both fork drop outs. One wheel is wrapped around the front fork, which unfortunately scraped up the paint quite a bit. Rear dropouts were pinched as well:

The first temporary build after fixing the dropouts, was a combination of tri-color and Sante.

For the final build, I went ahead and used up the nine speed Ultegra group I had on the shelf, plus a Tiagra nine speed compact crankset and the Bontrager Race wheelset from Robbie.

Typical thrifty bill build, combination of trade stock, take offs from prior flips, and some spares off the shelf = new ride. The unusual part was buying a bike shipped off ebay. I had sworn that off after the last shipping debacle. But I wanted a Prologue road bike really bad, so I went for it. I need to lower the stem a bit yet.

thrifty bill

Last edited by wrk101; 05-07-10 at 05:58 AM.