View Single Post
Old 05-06-10, 09:09 PM
BearSquirrel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sierrabob

When speed, heartrate, or cadence zero out, something has interfered with the signal. Aside from changing batteries, also try to reduce transmitter distance by placing magnets/sensors closer to the computer. Some regulated P7 bike lights can also block signal transmission as current is boosted to maintain wattage with declining light voltage.

The battery status function of the Sigma Data Center software does not seem to work correctly. Better to use tell tale signs to determine when to change batteries.

Despite all these comments, I too am not really sure why the batteries don't last a year as advertised.
I was climbing a hill the other day when my computer went to zero. Then it mysteriously started working about with no additional intervention. I suspect the power lines near the road.

When I noticed I DID have to replace the batteries, the software didn't tell me I should. Again, maybe this is an issue of the signal fading just below the background interference (power lines ... radar guns ... ????). As far as the year goes ???? It's a hell of a lot better than a Garmin. If you're worried about cost, you can buy a pack of ten batteries online for about what it costs to buy 2 or 3 at a local store. I have multiple computers that use CR2032, so I now have a copious quantity of those batteries. I also have a copious quantity of whatever number goes into the Nite-Ize LED spoke lights. I figure I'm set on those batteries for 3-4 years.