Old 05-07-10, 05:43 PM
SunnyFlorida

Bikes: Sun Miami Trike - 2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SCROUDS
When I'm walking on streets in florida that don't get much ped traffic, I give the death stare to right turning traffic. It works very well. That includes cars at intersections, as well as cars that are going to be turning across the sidewalk into a driveway. If you don't get an acnoledgement of the death stare, don't expect them to yield. Driveways are a lot worse then intersections.
Thanks for the tip. Will keep the "death stare" in mind.

Originally Posted by billew
Oh my, a novice with a tricycle riding on the sidewalk making judgemental assumptions about people who are where they should be.
Provided of course if they wiish to be considered cyclists and not peds, and who want to go faster than walking speed....
Hhhmmmm. Sounds like you're making a judgement call and a snobish one at that. And it sounds to me that any biker using the sidewalk is not a "real" biker, to you too.
Oh my feelings are so hurt.

Hey, I just want to get to point A to B in one piece. FOR ME this means being on the sidewalk and it seems like I've got plenty of company.

Originally Posted by cudak888
Ah, yes - now the newbie becomes Zie Expert all of a sudden. I wonder if POB's get pleasure out of insulting the cycling community.

-Kurt
I don't know how a personal observation elevated me to expert status but so be it. BTW, I'm not familiar with POB but something tells me it means "pedestrians on bikes" of which, I can safely assume from your post, you count me as one. Mind you, you put me in this group not me.

As far as POB's getting pleasure out of insulting the cycling community? I personally wouldn't know since I've been too busy commuting on my trike.