Thread: I am gone!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-01, 07:45 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally posted by dirtsqueezer
Briefly - develop a thick skin or stay away from such charged issues on silly old bicycling forum.

Do the words: The Environment War! puppet organizations, systematic theft of property, treasonous act, Eco Terrorism, GLOBAL WARMING FANATICS EXUDE MORE FOUL AIR, or the phrase eco maniacs are psychotic beyond any control or assistance sound familiar? I find such statements lacking in maturity and personally offensive.

If you foul your nest, expect to sleep in it.

BTW, In all sincerity, your cycling posts are great. I hope you stay.
I'm going to make myself (even more?) unpopular by going largely against the trend in this forum and agreeing with dirtsqueezer. The simple fact of the matter is that there are plenty of people out there who would find some of the above terms quite offensive. They have as much right to respond in a similarly insulting fashion as the 'topic starter' has to post such derisive terms in the first place.

To put it simply: If ya' can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen, if you don't want to be insulted, don't insult others. Having said that, I am by no means glad that Hunter left, I would prefer it if he stayed (and I mean that), but the fact is, this is a public forum, and people should expect to have their opinions challenged from time to time.

Just on the speculation about some tosser using the private messages to flame others, if you are reading this now (whoever you are), I have three words to say to you:

YOU ARE GUTLESS!!!

Why don't you post here like everyone else so we can all see your insults that must obviously be so damn clever!

OK folks, that's today's rant, flame away! I used to work as a telemarketer, so I can handle any insult you care to hurl my way!

Chris

That is all.