Old 05-09-10, 06:45 PM
Oldsport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wounded Warriors ride across the country!

Hello all. I posted here a year ago about planning a x country trip to build moral and raise awareness of wounded warriors.

I spend 2.5 years at Walter Reed going through surgery and therapy. I am now medically retired from the US Army. For a while I didn't think I would ever by able to ride again, but through the help of Vet organizations like Ride 2 Recovery I have learned to ride again. Before riding I could almost close my hand over my right thigh. Now it is almost the same size as my left (I am 6'4" 210lb big boy).

Originally, I had planned on doing this ride solo, but through good fortune and World Team Sports we have built up a team of wounded warriors. Some of us are amputees or paralyzed from the waist down. These will be on hand cycles. We are well supported so if anyone needs to jump in a van for part of the ride they can.

We leave the Golden Gate Bridge May 22 and arrive at Virginia Beach, VA July 24. We are taking a very slow pace so that everyone can make it. The website should be up in a few days and I will post the route and updates for anyone to follow. If any of you feel like riding with us for a day or two that would be GREAT. Especially if you are a Vet or in anyway disabled. We would love to have you.