Old 04-19-05, 10:07 AM
DanO220
SoCal Commuter

Bikes: Surly Crosscheck single/9 speed convertible, Novara Buzz beater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a great experience with Crank Bro's service department. My eggbeaters failed after about two and a half years. I was mashing my single speed up a hill when 'all of a sudden' the pedal felt wobbly. When I got home I disassembled it to find the spindle had cracked and bent. (To be fair, I had never greased the pedals, which you should do on a regular basis. I find it easier to just pull the end cap off, and take the end bolt off and pull the thing apart, rather than use the grease cap that's included with every set.)

So anyway, I looked up the phone number on the Crank Bro's website and gave them a call. Even though the pedals were out of warranty, they told me to mail them in. For $25 dollars they sent me a replacement pair - factory rebuilds, but their still going strong. They didn't even make me wait for them to inspect the failed pedal. They told me it would be easier, not to mention faster, to send them in the packaging the new pedals shipped in.

All in all, I thought they backed their product like few manufacturers are willing to do these days.

DanO