View Single Post
Old 05-10-10, 08:16 PM
ChaZam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ze: Friend from Philly sent me link to your teammate's power numbers--impressive stuff. I only got to go up the climb during the warmup. Thank god you were doing openers and not just riding tempo--I was the guy in the smurf-colored kit sucking your wheel. At the top of the climb I think you said to your teammate, "I love the air down here. You recover so quickly." "Gasp," I thought. "Cough Wheez."

Those are some incredible numbers; following your wheel on the practice ride I did exactly 6.5 w/kg from the point I jumped across a gap you guys had opened between yourselves and everyone else to the top of the climb (at which point you guys threw in a little attack that instantly left me panting 20 feet behind). And that was in 60 degree weather & not 3 hours into a race! Congrats on a really impressive performance. Maybe I'll see you in the race next year. This time I won't be using KCNC brakes, which don't work so well in the rain and before ever getting to do the climb forced me to devise a new way of stopping on a particularly sudden slowdown: http://twitpic.com/1m5vnu