Old 05-10-10, 09:53 PM
EjustE
sultan of schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Free to a good (or not so good, I don't care) home:

1991ish Schwinn Neu Citi step through frameset. Burgundy. 19 inches or so. Rear Canti brake bosses (on the chainstays if I remember correctly), front centerpull brake but will take a sidepull as well. Takes 26 inch MTB tires and a world of clearance to go as fat as you want or add fenders racks and all that jazz. Frame in decent condition, the usual nicks and scratches, but ok as far as rust is concerned. These bikes left the factory with MTB bars and brake levers, thumb shift shifters, shifting the extremely high end Shimano Tourney derailleurs on a 2x5 configuration. I suspect that the spacing is 120mm, but not sure. That and the lack of braze ons will make it a prime candidate for a FG/SS or an SA 3sp build to get around town or campus on the cheap.

Bad news: a. it takes an Ashtabula crank (so you'd need an adapter) and b. the original one does not want to come out (not that bad, just the pedal is stuck to the arm and it will take a vice and a longer wrench and patience than I have to get it out.) I would hate to ship this hi-tensile wonder (and you would hate to pay for shipping.) If anyone around here wants it, it's yours.

Let me know