Thread: Fuji Mixte
View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 08:51 AM
BigPolishJimmy

Bikes: Fuji Monterey, Schwinn Traveler, Fuji Special Road Racer, Gitane Interclub, Sun EZ-1, Schwinn Frontier, Puch Cavalier, Vista Cavalier, Armstrong, Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Stingray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yes, The rims are aluminum. I would put new cables, a better saddle (not torn up), either new pedals, or clean those up, but I think just new would be best. New chain, mothers on the cranks, derailleurs, brakes. The bars I was unsure of, I was thinking of going with cruiser bars, but I could easily go with drops. I have several donor bikes, so that's not a problem, the one behind was ffs and a small frame, it's gone already. What about tires? The ones on it are obviously old, but don't look like they're in bad shape. Since I'm not looking to keep the bike, I'm looking to keep costs down but still make it attractive.

*edit* if I go with drops, should I go with aero or non-aero? I have some sun aero brakes that I bought, but haven't installed on anything yet, but I have lots of non-aero brakes w/turkey levers.

Last edited by BigPolishJimmy; 05-11-10 at 08:54 AM.