View Single Post
Old 05-11-10, 02:47 PM
wunderkind
Pro Paper Plane Pilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The only Sora component that is lacking is the Sora STI shifter. You can always upgrade to a R500. Apart from that, you will be hard pressed to determine differences. derailleur is a derailleur. When kept in check they just move the chain up and down the cogs/chainrings. Lots of problems stem from poor set-up. With entry level bikes, LBS tend to send it off to a noobie kid at the back to "set it up". Hence the subsequent problems. Whereas Ultegra equipped high end bikes get more attention than 5 minutes.
Case in point, my other mtb comes with a base level 7-speed Tourney RD. I retuned it and it shifts flawlessly day in day out. Underload whatever. I use it on my commutes.
But Sora doesn't get you much bragging points on forums. So that kinda suck. heh!
Alot of times, technology flows down stream. Today's 105 were yesterday's 600. Yesterday's Tiagra RD is probably today's Sora and today's Sora is tomorrow's 2300. So on and so forth.

Some day we may see Sora Di2 too. <--- how dare he say that! Blesphemy!!! Stone himmmmmmm!!!!!!!!