View Single Post
Old 05-12-10, 09:54 AM
JeremyZ

Bikes: 1997 Schwinn Searcher GS, 2007 Dahon Curve D3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The commute in was great. After only one day off due to heavy AM rain, I was really antsy to get back on the bike. My muscles started to burn, but it felt great. It was upper 40s and I decided to try an experiment. What is the better jacket, fleece, which breathes easily but also doesn't block wind or rain, or GoreTex, which doesn't breathe as easily, has no insulation, but is waterproof? I think GoreTex wins in temperatures below about 55°F. Looks like rain today, so I'm glad it came out this way.

A short bus honked as it passed me this morning. I had a good laugh to myself as I reminded myself that he IS the short bus driver, after all. As a reward for his hurry & rudeness, he got to that red light 15 seconds before me, and was leaving it right as I rolled up behind him.

The computer systems at work are not working well at all. There's been an hourglass on my other screen for about 10 minutes now. It isn't responding to Ctrl + Break either. I'm going to have to shut down stupid Lotus Notes. Oddly, the internet works fine, so I'm not too frustrated, hehehe.

The day keeps getting better. I ordered my first Brooks saddle, a Flyer, Monday afternoon from Amazon. Got it just now. (standard shipping: $7, not Super Saver) I don't know how they do it, but it is great. Can't wait to get home and get it on the TriCross.

groovestew: Interesting encounter indeed. I hope you gave her the stink-eye. Glad you were alert. The world needs more Lerts.

EKW: That is what I first thought when I read 'cougar' too.

sseaman: What's a greenway?

Hardy: Why do you normally pull a trailer? To tote kids around, or luggage?

Jim: Good lesson about checking the radar. I have a much simpler system, but it is only reliable on short commutes: If it is raining when I'm ready to leave, I take the car. If not, I take the bike. I don't care if I get wet on the way home.

Others: One guy keeps posting about his 'MUP' or something. What is a MUP? (I may have mixed up the letters, I can't find the post at the moment)