Old 05-15-10, 03:34 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
cyclists need not demonstrate anything to anyone to ride away from the edge of the road when there is no overtaking traffic either. this is the case in most states.

Please refrain from marginalizing cyclists rights to the extent you have previously with your misleading and incorrect statements.

Actually, we should discuss this in another thread, as you do admit you made this statement. I'm confident the discussion can be genteel.
This discussion has been covered at length for years. You and I disagree about the meaning of the word practicable as used in the FTR law. As I have previously written, I have had extensive experience in this matter, and I am confident in two things. First, that your view of the meaning of practicable is not that held by the three branches of government. Second, that my view is a much more accurate depiction of the view of the meaning of practicable as understood by the three branches of government. Considering the cases that have been reported, I see several that reflect my view and none that reflect your view. Unless you have cases to advance in which your view is supported over my view, I see no point in continuing the discussion.