Old 05-17-10, 09:26 AM
jhefner
Hebrews 10:20a

Bikes: '74 Viscount Aerospace GP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In regards to Mopar; my first car was the "Bluesmobile" - a 1974 Plymouth Fury III with the 360 V-8. I was tall and skinny in high school, and my best friend at the time was short and fat, so when the Blues Brother movie came out, we were on a "mission from God" from that point forward; the cigeratte lighter disappeared at the same time....

Had quite a bit of fun with it, and did some silly things with it. Did you know the rear end of a '74 Fury can be supported by it's gas tank alone, and no harm done....

I just got the body on it looking great, and a new AM/FM radio and tape deck installed; when I put it in the shop to have the A/C fixed. They put the dash back in wrong, and the wiring caught fire on the test drive.

It was an ex-company car with 90,000 miles on it, but in excellent condition when my dad bought it for me. The A/C shop gave him the same amount for the wreck that he first paid for it - $600.00.

Owned several Mopars in a row after that; most memorable after the Bluemobile was a 1990 Dodge Spirit; it was the first car I paid off, and put over 200,000 miles on it before I sold it; it needed some work, but the new owner drove it off; and I never heard from them again.

-James