Old 05-17-10, 02:29 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMudder
The crit was awesome for me. I doubt you watched the cat 5 crit but if you did you saw me take the "safest way to get through the corners is to go first" approach. I strung'em out for the first 5 laps then settled back into the front of the pack. In the 5's I realized that most don't know how to corner without losing momentum. I never once got out of my saddle and always gained ground on the corners....but I had a lapse in quick thinking coming out of the final corner and allowed myself to get pinched between 3 inside guys moving out and 1 outside guy moving in...I honestly KNOW I would have been top 3 cause I had so much punch left and was accelerating perfectly but I got a wheel and hit the deck pretty hard on my right hip. couldn't walk. couldn't race the RR (which I had looked 4ward to so much) and went home.
Just got back from the Doc...x-rays negative, crutches for a week then fast track back.
Sorry to hear about the crash - actually I think I saw it! I was watching your race for a while and saw the finish, couldn't tell what happened when you went down, sorry to hear. Hope you can heal up soon and get back out there..

I got a few shots & videos from the race, posted on flickr.

Shot of the sketchy corner #2 - diving into it from the downhill was pretty fun, but the noises bikes/wheels were making were atrocious:

Sucks about missing the RR too, it was pretty epic, too epic for me this year anyway!

my race videos