Old 05-18-10, 07:56 PM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
While I was banned:

Wed 5/12: 30-30s up 154
Ever so painful 30-30 intervals up 154. 2 sets of 10, with a 10 minute break at San Antonio Creek Road.

Thu 5/13: Solvang Loop
Up 154 & 246 to Solvang, 101 back. Did 40-20s (40 seconds max, 20 seconds rest) up the 154 for 10 minutes starting at San Antonio Creek. I thought 30-30s were bad but these were death. By the end I could barely pedal. Like Tabatas on crack. The 40 seconds took FOREVER and the 20 seconds was gone in a flash. Legs, I hardly knew ye.

Fri 5/14: Refugio and back
Another easy day out to Refugio. The winds were picking up and by the time I was coming back it was a decent head/cross coming from the south/south east. Generally I did a good job of keeping the power down and the ride felt fairly effortless. My HR stayed low and dropped quickly whenever I had a dip in power (e.g. the Refugio turnaround).

Sat 5/15: Costa Mesa to Weslake
Was down at Whittier College for brother-in-law’s law school graduation, and wanted to get a 5 hour ride in after, so I rode back to Kim’s parents house. Winds from the south/southwest meant stiff head and crosswinds the whole way. Got “lost” a few places, notably Long Beach and Palos Verdes, and ended up crossing the mountains at Encinal Canyon instead of Malibu Canyon which added on several more miles. I also visted Nick at Helen’s in Santa Monica.

Sun 5/16: Sunday Worlds + Gibraltar
Thought I was running late to the group ride so I took Old Coast Highway to get ahead of them, but they started late so I probably would have been ok. Stayed with the group up **** but had no legs on Bates. Stayed near the front on the way back and mixed it up a bit in the sprint. Rode up Toro, Ladera, Mountain and Gibraltar with Gary. Was pretty fried up Gibraltar. I guy on the side of the road gave me some more water, and Gary gave me a Clif bar when he headed back down

21.75 hrs, 372 miles, 1,127 TSS, 14,254kJ