Old 05-22-10, 05:06 PM
thenomad
Riding like its 1990

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
My Second CX build . . . ever

I was inspired to post my CX bike build by Toddorado, who posted his build because he was inspired by Lectron who posted his build because...

I built a Redline Conquest Team for myself, and I love it so much that I'm going around insulting everyone's bikes and telling them to get CX bikes. So my brother fell for it and he wants a bike that "does it all" for his limited riding times, street, trail, commute.

I sold his old Trek road bike he never rode and sold his old GT mountain bike he never rode and am using the money to build a 'Cross bike he'll probably never ride.

I'm planning on spending enough of his money to convince him it's a cool bike, and then I'll spend the rest on beer.

So I wasn't finding any decent deals on ebay for frames in his size so I went to Bike Island and got the new Motobecane Fantom CX aluminum frame with steel fork and headset included.

$199 shipped, no tax.

For $30 more I could have gotten the Scattante frame with CF fork but I'd have tax on top of that... and that's about 3 cases of beer. Sorry bro... priorities.

For those of you just tuning in... don't get your hopes up, this one's on a budget.

Last edited by thenomad; 05-24-10 at 01:08 PM.