View Single Post
Old 05-24-10, 01:20 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by sknhgy
I wish it was easier to recharge the batteries without having to remove them from the holder, plug them into a charger, and put them back in the holder, etc.

It would be nice if you could disconnect the battery pack, and connect it to a charger, then just reconnect it when it's charged. Similar to recharging a cell phone.

I use P7's instead of my Dinotte due to the hassle of recharging the Dinotte battery pack.
Doesn't the P7 use AAA batteries? Don't you still have to remove it from the flashlight to charge the batteries? I ask because I'm genuinely curious.

My biggest complaint with the Dinotte and the AA's is that the case they use lets the batteries slip out of connection way to easily. I strap the case and stuff to my road bike frame and one of the batteries slips out and the light turns out once every couple of rides. Way worse on my mountain bike. I have to strap rubber bands around both the batteries and the 9-volt connector to get them to stay in there. It works, but it makes the whole process of taking the batteries in and out of the case even more work - worse thing is that getting the battery case into the cloth case to strap it to the bike is now a real p.i.t.a. because it's a little to wide for it.

Radio Shacks sells (or used to sell, based on the current page :-() a flat, enclosed battery hold that looks like it would work waaaaaaay better:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=2062253#

Problem is, I don't have any way to strap it to the bike because it's a different shape, so no case for it. Otherwise I would totally use it.