Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
I am so unmotivated

Since "real" warm weather hit, and the humidity jumped up, I simply cannot get motivated on my bike at all. I put in less than 15 miles in the last week and a half. When I do get on the bike I feel like a limp noodle, I have no energy whatsover. It really sucks. I can feel all this work I have been doing withering away.

I went out to the bike shop and picked myself up another water bottle and cage so that I would quit running out a few miles out from home on my return loops. I have been prehydrating like crazy, but when I get on the bike I just feel dead. My legs are totally non responsive, I feel like I can't breathe, it sucks, BAD! I really feel like I enjoyed riding in the cold weather better.

I wish I was a bit more motivated to get out and ride in the morning while it is still cool outside, but these new meds I am on keep me so sleepy, my whole schedule is screwed up. In addition I am having issues with sweat actually causing my liner to slip, and my leg to come out of my prosthesis around halfway through my ride. I have tried antiperspirants, and a collar (rubber part that holds the leg and prosthesis around the knee) to no avail...the collar actually makes the sweating worse.

How do you guys stay motivated when it is baking hot outside?