View Single Post
Old 05-24-10, 05:37 PM
littlewing6283

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Worst fear realized

I sit here venting to a bunch of complete strangers but whom I know are bike nuts like myself. I'm a newb here so i'll keep my story shirt. My wife started riding with me about 5 months ago. It was great to go on rides but I was always concerned about her.

Friday she had her first crash. this is what I have always been dreading. I was hoping for the best but unfortunately she broke her leg at a bad spot. She was in surgery yesterday and the surgeon put a plate and 5 screws in her leg. She is in pain and is in for months of recovery. I wish it was me in the hospital bed not her. I now realize what she goes through when she has to put up with me and my various injuries from various activities i do. Overall shes going to be ok so I am glad. It was also nice to know that after she asked the doctor "can I walk again?" she followed it up with "how soon until I get to ride my bicycle again?"

Just had to get some of that off my chest. I can't show too much fear or show my stress levels with her while I'm at the hospital with her b/c I dont want to stress her out anymore that she is. well off to the hospital again, wish us luck

chris