Old 05-25-10, 03:57 PM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grumpy McTrumpy
I lack the jump to adequately bridge up without dragging the pack, unless it's uphill.
IIRC, we are a similar weight/height?
I'm no sprinter and everyone on my team is pretty clear on that~ (the other teams too )
I've never had any trouble what-so-ever jumping away on hills, flats, any other time I was in the mood to do it - maybe not the first time, but jumping from +/- 5 back, or getting into the top 10 and the jumping across the road and hitting it hard seems to work well enough. Whether bridging up or going adventuring myself, it is about picking the moment. Everyone who races with RX knows that he is going to go, and they know that he is a huge danger man, but he still gets away - timing is everything.

Data point - so far my power profile is best at 3'-5' max efforts, and I seem to punch way above my class at stuff longer than sprints and shorter than 12' efforts.... so I'm biased to think that it is possible, but examples like RX and DWJD getting away in crits and any other time seem to indicate that planning has a lot to do with it.