Old 05-26-10, 08:56 AM
Ted46

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was out riding one day when two women come riding past me. I'm a slow rider so I have people passing me fairly often. However we were about to come to a hill so I thought I'd try to catch them on the climb. One of the two was faster and got over the top and was gone. The other was a little slower and I managed to close the gap to about 20 yards where I decided to stay. There was no point of trying to pass her and then just getting passed again after we got over the hill, besides I was really enjoying the view!

Also these discussions remind me of the book "Miles from Nowhere" by Barbara Savage about her & her husbands ride around the world. When they were traveling across Canada they met another guy touring. He wasn't able to keep up with them but would end up meeting them at the end of the day where they were camped. This happened for several days and they noticed he seemed to be depressed. Finally one day he told them he really couldn't stand the idea of a women being able to ride faster than he could. Ha! If you haven't read this book I'd definitely recommend it.