Old 05-27-10, 08:37 PM
slowferrari

Bikes: 74 Triumph 3-speed, 86 Fuji Monterey, 8? Cannondale SM400

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ahoy.

Hi all, I've recently developed a nasty habit of collecting old bikes.

It started with an early 80's Univega Viva Sport I rescued from my brother's garage. The seatpost was seized and the frame was a little small for me anyway, So I started riding a much newer Schwinn Prelude Amazon.com special. After blowing a couple of tires from being a 200 lb guy on 700x23s I decided I needed something closer to the Univega, but in the right size. So then there was a 13 dollar all original Fuji Monterey from a Salvation Army Which needed nothing but lube. Love it. However, it was so cheap and I had so much fun cleaning it up I bought an 8 dollar Schwinn Conti at a Tag Sale, broke it down and started cleaning parts, but am still unsure of what exactly to do with it. Finally, I recently picked up a 74 Triumph 3-speed (appears to be the same as Raleigh's Campus Special from the same era, I'm posting about that in the Vintage Forum after this).

I'm not a serious or aggressive rider, partly because I'm currently in New England and the roads near my location are no place for a non-serious, non-aggressive cyclist. So in the meantime I'm just enjoying rocking around on my 40 year old Raleigh-in-British-Leyland-Clothing and finding new and interesting ways to make the world's second cheapest form of transportation a money pit.

So, hi.