View Single Post
Old 06-02-10, 10:42 AM
kensuf
My idea of fun

Bikes: '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '02 Kona Lavadome, '07 Giant TCR Advanced, '07 Karate Monkey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 36 Posts
The Jacksonville Sheriff's office posted the following on fb.

On May 31, 2010 at 10:52am, police were dispatched to 3939 Roosevelt Blvd. (FSCJ Kent Campus) in reference to a stabbing. Upon arrival, they observed two victims laying on the ground in the parking lot with stab wounds. The victims were bicycle riders participating in a Memorial Day bicycle ride.

Witnesses stated they were riding their bicycles into the parking lot of 3939 Roosevelt Blvd (FSCJ Kent Campus) when the suspect, Matt Salmons (25 years old, 1850 Gabin Road) was driving a vehicle behind them through the parking lot driveway approaching fast. The suspects passenger side mirror brushed against a riders arm. The bicyclist continued riding his bicycle and pulled into the parking lot were his vehicle was parked. Witnesses yelled at the vehicle to slow down.

The suspect pulled his vehicle in front of the riders, exited his vehicle and started a verbal argument with individuals. He was yelling and irate. An individual walked over to break up the argument. The suspect then started yelling and pushing an individual and stated, "I am not leaving until someone starts something." The suspect started chest bumping and pushing a rider. The rider said after he was pushed another bicyclist punched the suspect in the face. The individual stated he walked over to the suspects truck to help him. At that time he felt a sharp pain and observed that he had been stabbed. The victim sustained six stab wounds (one to the stomach and five stab wounds on his back).

Another victim sustained two lacerations, one to each arm when trying to help. The suspect then got into a vehicle and fled the scene.

Police were dispatched to 1536 Blanding Blvd in reference to a battery, the suspect called police to report he stabbed individuals after he was punched.

Officers located the suspect standing on the passenger side of the his truck. He was taken into custody without incident. The suspect had a large gash to his nose and other minor abrasions on his person. I spoke with the suspect and asked if he had any weapons on him or in his truck. He stated there was a knife in the center console or either of the doors. I asked for consent to search and the suspect verbally agreed. No weapons were found in the truck. The suspect was then transported to a local hospital and police were not able to locate the knife.

The suspect stated that he was driving his vehicle into the FCCJ parking lot and attempting to drive through a large crowd of bicyclist. Mr. Salmons said that he thought he hit one of the bicyclist with his mirror. The suspect said he followed them into the parking lot to check on them. The suspect then got into an argument with several people and told the group, "F*** all of you, come on." When he was punched in the face, he said, "I got my pocket knife and went to town." He got into his truck and fled the scene.

The suspect is charged with two counts of aggravated battery and one count of simple battery and does not have a bond at this time.