Old 06-02-10, 12:27 PM
Vlad2010

Bikes: 2009 Trek 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fork, Headset, Replacement - Help

So yesterday I began doing some maintenance on my bike such as changing the cable ands adjusting the gears and after figuring all of that out that the bike ran fine. Except I felt some play in the steering fork, So after checking all the nuts and bolts, I decided to check it out to see if I could figure out what it was, I kind of ended up with this....

As you can see in the third picture, that piece of metal seemed to be glued? inside the steering fork that secured it. It looks like it came out and there is no way to get it back in there and have it stay. So I think this is broken? Or I assume since the bike is already a crappy one (Dawes Lighting Sport). What would be the best action for this??

Can I replace the fork and the head set? Fix this somehow? Any suggestions? I just hate having the bike down and having to miss my daily ride

If you have any questions please ask, I just want someones advice whose more experienced and knows whats out there, as I am still learning and quite new at this.