View Single Post
Old 06-02-10, 05:14 PM
Triple8Sol
manonthemoon

Bikes: Current custom builds: FG=KHS Flite 100 DH=Transition Blindside FR=Transition Bottlerocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I talked my homie into buying one! I've been trying to get him back into cycling for a year or two now, so this was the easiest way. He was too slow and the first one (mongoose) sold out quickly. When the second one came out (Genesis), he snatched it up for only $150 shipped. Came mostly assembled, so he was able to put it together without needing any bike specific tools. Decals are on top of clearcoat, so he removed all those. He plans to eventually respray the whole thing with some leftover white automotive paint. I'm gonna check it out when I get back in town, but he seems to be enjoying it so far. It's perfect b/c he buses to work, and plans to take the bike once in awhile too, so he won't have to worry too much about leaving this cheapie locked up outside all day, or it getting scratched/dinged up. If he ends up enjoying it, then I can try and steer him towards buying a better bike down the road.