Old 04-23-05, 03:35 AM
gcasillo
Maglia Ciclamino

Bikes: Bianchi Aria, Bianchi Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If its possible to overtrain during base miles, I managed to do it. I think stress from work combined with overdoing it last weekend left me for dead earlier in the week. Feeling better now, but I'm going to go real light this weekend and keep to roads around town which are significantly flatter. I think one too many steep rollers outside of town were draining me. Sounds pathetic. Feels pathetic.

As for aerobic capacity, nothing scientific yet. Since the beginning of the year, my resting HR has dropped nicely since December from 65 to 56. I typically feel livelier when I'm out on longer rides now. Started riding 15 miles and I've worked up to 40 mile rides. I could do more, but time and lately fatigue has prevented me.

I think another big reason I blew myself out last weekend was the weather. Stunning 75 degrees, no wind, and dry. I tend to feel like I have to be out long on days like that, and I get pumped up as soon as I get away a little and begin to see other riders out. I especially feel this way if wet, windy weather is looming.

Thanks for the responses. I just hadn't run into a week where my legs felt spent quite like this week. I have a vacation coming up in a few weeks on the beach, so I'll definitely be able to get some good, flat, base miles in.