Old 06-07-10, 08:20 AM
Rohan

Bikes: Vision recumbent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Closetbiker wrote: "I think many riders realize a bicycle helmet can help with some superficial injuries, but not as many realize they have not as great a record at preventing more serious injuries. It is because of a bicycle helmet relatively fragile design and the impact forces that cause serious injury, which not only far exceeds a bicycle helmets limits, but impact a cyclists body under the helmet, that leads to these injuries."

Deffinition: Efficacy: In a healthcare context, efficacy indicates the capacity for beneficial change (or therapeutic effect) of a given intervention.

Please, if you have any real studies of how much a helmet does not help, please share them. As of yet I can not find any creditable source in which bicycle helmets are shown NOT to reduce risk of head injury when worn.

So, please share your sources(not hearsay and anecdotal stories) showing that bicycle helmets do not reduce the risk of becoming permanently brain damaged.

I would love to see a picture of your recumbent also, as this thread deals directly with recumbent bikes.