Thread: Tire Talk
View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 10:49 AM
Zaphod Beeblebrox 
PanGalacticGargleBlaster

Bikes: Upright and Recumbent....too many to list, mostly Vintage.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Tire Talk

I've got fairly limited exposure to tires... For the longest time I'd just go with whatever the LBS had in stock that looked good. Usually something from Bontrager. Recently I've become a lot more interested in different tires and how they affect the ride and now I've got the bug to start trying some different things.

So talk about the tires you like and what you'd like to try.

It seems like everyone loves the Panaracer Pasela. With and Without TourGuard. I see that Velo-Orange is now carrying a Creme tread/Gum Wall version of the Pasela. I'd try it but I prefer tires fatter than 28's

Right now top of my list is to try the Schwalbe Delta Cruisers (probably in Creme) in 700x37 to replace the same sized Bontrager Satellite's on my Super Course. I hear the Delta Cruisers are quite a bit lighter and have a little more give in the sidewall than a Schwalbe Marathon. I'm just a bit put off that its part of Schwalbe's "Active Line" and wonder if that means its a fairly low-end tire.

The other I really want to try is the Conti GP4000 for my go-fast bike. The Vittoria Open Corsa tires i've got now are wonderful but offer no flat protection and I'm constantly getting little punctures from road debris.