View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 10:54 AM
currahee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey thanks for all the help. And the rundown on LiION batteries, kind of makes me scared to charge my battery...

Yes morph I've already purchased one, one that I'm already having buyers remorse over. I purchased an iZip Via Rapido Diamond frame (2009 edition). I thought it had TAG + PAS, but it only has a 'PAS with a twist' thing going on. Luckily it is helping me get outside more, unfortunately it's not helping me get up that hill. I've been out 3 times now, it's very easy to ride without the battery. It's not correctly slipping into 7th gear (that's probably a post for another thread) but I can ride it on flat surfaces very easily.

With the battery in and on the PAS kicks in very early to help get going, that's not a big deal as I could get going very easily on my own. My problem is when I start going up this hill to get back home. I live in Iowa where you might think it's flat but I live on the Mississippi where it's very hilly, steep hills. I think San Francisco hills would be a good comparison. As soon as I start up them I twist the throttle, which is supposed to kick in extra motor power. The extra kick I can feel when riding on a flat surface, the motor seems to run longer. While going up the hill though I don't even hear the motor kick in. I definitely don't feel it! 3 rides now since I got it and I'm walking my bike up the hill each time huffing and puffing.

Did I buy the wrong bike? Even though I'm getting good exercise, and the trips DOWN the hill are fun and nostalgic. I would think a true TAG bike would get me up that hill wouldn't it?

Thanks again for all the replies!