Old 06-07-10, 12:20 PM
EjustE
sultan of schwinn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sauze View Post
I need to purchase some tires today (my front one exploded yesterday afternoon, luckily it was in front of Sbucks rather than me on it attempting to ride with bag of grocery and 3 cups of coffee as was my plan...)and was thinking about this very thing. Do I go with standard , run of the mill type tires or should I drop a little more cash for an upgrade? Seeing as it's my everyday ride I probably won't go for anything too crazy but what performance advantages would there be?
Depending on the way you ride, how long you ride and what kind of roads you ride on. A tire with a bit more flat protection is a must for me for every day riding (esp. commuting). If you are doing any non-asphalt riding or there are a lot of debris (sand, leaves, etc on the roads you ride) you might also want to consider a slightly more agressively threaded tire. "Performance" tires, like the ones that offer better grip in turns taken at 35 mph, would not really serve you that much, unless you are racing or riding at these speeds.