View Single Post
Old 06-09-10, 12:54 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
a lot of bikes will act as commuters- but a 16 mile one would be about the limit I would like to make.

If it is all weathers then you should think about being able to take mudguards and possibly a rack. Lots of bikes will fit this criteria but make certain that if you want them- the bike will take them.

Now OCR in the UK ---how old is it? This was replaced 4 years ago with the SCR and I bought an SCR3 as my first road bike and it was fine----Except for the wheels. Replaced them with a hanbdbuilt pair of Mavic CXP33 rim on a 105 hub and it transformed the bike. I can't knock the SCR and this has now been replaced with the Defy range.

Have to admit that my occasional commute is 33 miles each way and I do that on a better bike than the SCR- but last summer the SCR went out to a mate who commutes 20 miles each way and he finished up buying one. He got the Defy3 though and he has not found a problem with the wheels.

Spike Milligan