Old 06-11-10, 03:15 PM
ModeratedUser150120149

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ahhh...so this is a bicycle version of the Brown Eye Ball Club? If I had only known I could have applied for membership last month.

I was in a position of having to bike the sidewalk south on University Ave in Metro Denver. At an intersection I was at the center elevated island in the marked crossing. It was elevated but with a curbed walkway in it. Too late I discovered I couldn't turn into the walkway. Neither could I unclip in time. Down I went.

There I lay bleeding on the ground. While I was assessing the damage and before I moved I heard this female voice from a car stopped at the intersection: "Are you OK?" Before I could reply off she went. I could just hear her telling her friends: "I saw this cyclist fall and cut his leg. I asked him if he was OK but he didn't even turn to look at me, let alone answer."

The scabs are off now and it looks like I may not even have much of a scar. I learned that people will leave a non-reponsive bleeding person on the side of the road if it at all inconveniences them. The bike wasn't damaged at all; which was the important thing.

Last edited by ModeratedUser150120149; 06-11-10 at 03:19 PM.