View Single Post
Old 06-12-10, 12:33 AM
miamimike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Experience is limited to two dahons in the past couple years; my 1st Dahon was a Boardwalk(high tensile steel) at 30.5 lb and my 2nd is a Dahon Mu Uno(Alum, approx 22 lb). Due to the fact that I may, on one day, load and unload, Fold and unfold my bike and wheel it thru the metro stations up to the platforms(100-200 yards in some situations ) while transporting it up & down the escalators in our Metro Train Stations 3-4 times from the time I leave home until the time I arrive home, weight, even 8.5 lbs , is a huge factor for me(and my back). My Mu Uno is a Dream(weightwise) in comparison to my old Steel Boardwalk SS . Not to forget, our Bike Racks on our City Buses are a few feet off the ground and performing this loading & Unloading & stretching drill 2-4 times a day gets old so a bike weighing 8.5 pounds lighter is a huge comfort factor. I loved the ride quality of my old steel boardwalk but the comfort factor of loading & unloading & rolling the folded Mu Uno works better for me. And once I arrive on Public transportation, the Bike ride distances are usually under 3 miles.

Last edited by miamimike; 06-12-10 at 04:59 AM. Reason: add