View Single Post
Old 06-13-10, 07:11 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Lumpy bits-and breakfast.

OK- Left on my own this morning as the wife was out early so time to get a few miles on the TCR. Couple of changes made to set up and Lowering bars was the main one. This was done after the last ride feeling a bit sluggish and after comparing to Boreas- The bars were lowered. The short ride last week seemed to work but proof was needed.

The TCR also has a triple fitted so out for the short sharp steep slopes up North of where I live. All country lanes and left here- 2nd right there and you know the sort of ride. Very few cars seen and not one cycle. This is an area where unless you know where you are going- You don't get there.

But those lumpy bits. There is no flat bits anywhere. You are either going up or coming down. Mainly going up--In fact I can't remember much about the down bits but there must have been some as I got 38mph coasting somewhere. I'll put the pics of the Slopes in one spot. Unless you like greenery- they all look the same but 95% of the ride looked like this

Dhillagain..jpg Dhill2..jpg Dhill3..jpg Dhill1..jpg

There were a few open spaces and one was of the Church at Old Heathfield. And guess what? It was at the top of a hill. Only a short one but Granny was required for it.

Dchurch..jpg Dtochurch..jpg

But time for something to eat. I had been out for 3 hours now and The only cafe I knew was open around here is a bikers cafe. Motorbikes in fact but I did feel a bit outmotored when I arrived. Bikes have never interested me except from the mechanical side but there were a few that I felt like taking home with me. Especially after 35 miles and legs that were feeling like jelly.

Dcycle..jpg Doutclassed..jpg

But Breakfast-I was Ravenous. Had the Big Brekkie.

Dbrekkie..jpg

Only had 5 miles to go now so what the h*ll. I needed the fat and the protein and probably the carbs. But that 5 miles back- finally on a down slope- was taken very slow and although the bike felt fine---I felt heavy.

Spike Milligan