Old 06-14-10, 11:50 AM
MrTuner1970
Underwhelming

Bikes: Lynskey R330 Ti, Dean El Vado Ti, Trek 4300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've seen an error in the English part of a Campy manual for the RD. It was for the limit screws. The text identifies the wrong one that the illustration shows. This was back several months ago, and I wanted to do everything "by the book" figuring Campy should know how to use their own stuff. I kept on turning the limit screw and turning the limit screw until it could be turned no further. After seeing this was obviously not setting the upper limit, I looked into the derailleur and saw why. Wrong limit screw. Maybe it was a translation issue.

I'll try measuring for roller wear just for the heck of it. I have a Starrett micrometer that I think will do an inside measurement that small.

Just to update on the situation. Went for a ride this morning and still felt and heard the clicking. It might be what FBinNY said about changing torque and a worn chain. I tend to overuse my quads, which would produce a choppier stroke, right? Which I presume would lend itself more to uneven torque. When I focused on trying to do a smoother stroke by using glutes and hamstrings more, things maybe quieted down a bit. Will observe over the next several rides. Today was interval day, and in the heat/humidity we have in Mississippi, it's no fun to diagnose while one is nearly dying from exertion.