Fat Tire

Bikes: Torker Cargo-T, 1972 Raleigh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Well, lets see. Since I got rid of my vintage Raleigh Sport 3,
1) I have not changed a tire, nor have
2) I adjusted a cable (nor have I had a flat, or needed to adjust anything).
3)I have swapped seats in the last couple of weeks and
4) swapped my Torker North Road bars for a bit higher set of Dimension WIDE Cruiser bars.
5)I haven't needed to change brake pads, nor have I needed to adjust my front roller brake or my rear coaster brake either. The most I do is pretty much like a computer repair man, swapping parts.

I can of course put together a local area network, tell you why you should or should NOT use a particular form of network security, I can program in COBOL 68, Fortran IV/ 77, C, LISP, RPG II and Java, and I can wire up a serial connection for a terminal in about 5 minutes from a standing start. I can prove that my programs are correct, that my local area network is functional and secure, and that my terminal is wired correctly. I can run a UNIX system, Linux, or Windows 3, Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows XP, well enough for a bunch of professional scientists to use it, and the same for a bunch of professional programmers.

And I find worrying about getting respect or not is pretty damned USELESS, if you can't go to bed and get to sleep at night, or if you can't wake up in the morning and look at your face in the mirror. That's a bit more important, and you know what? It's ALL self-contained, you need no-one else to cause you to have self-respect, and no-one can take it away. And what I think of you should have no bearing on your sleep at night nor looking in the mirror in the morning.

Okay?

Last edited by Fat Tire; 06-15-10 at 07:49 PM.