View Single Post
Old 06-16-10, 08:12 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by tsl
Do you mind crushed stone, or do you prefer pavement?

Here in R-Town, we have the only fairly long paved section of canal path. It intersects the Genesee Riverway, which you can take right into downtown.

B&Bs in town are all very upscale. If that's your style and budget, there are many to choose from. Alternatively, the Holiday Inn Airport and another hotel I'll have to get the name of are literally right on the path.

If you don't mind crushed stone, then anywhere along the canal will do. I'm most familiar with the area around Spencerport and Brockport. Both have restaurants across the canal from the path, and Brockport has some restaurants that put out tables on the sidewalk. These are rural areas where even traffic-leery riders can get off the path and ride some quiet farm roads.

Canada Day/Independence Day weekend is good for me too if you'd like a guided tour or ride partner while you wife does crosswords. I have a four-day weekend, Friday through Monday.
Thanks Tsl. Yeah, I wouldn't mind hooking up for a ride, but you might want to tire yourself out a bit first. I'm pretty slow.
Crushed stone works just fine. It's what we usually do our rides on.
We haven't settled on which days we are going yet. Depends on which days my wife can get off work.
Meanwile, I'll look up the places you mentioned.